My personalized approach to your health is to bring you the best that modern medicine has to offer. I use the best tools from Functional Medicine, Anti-Aging Medicine as well as Conventional Medicine.
What is the difference between Functional Medicine and Anti-Aging Medicine?
These terms are often used interchangeably. Both focus on prevention and on finding the underlying causes of conditions, and correcting those, rather than just medicating the symptoms. Lifestyle interventions are key with Functional Medicine. The same is true of Anti-Aging Medicine but pharmaceuticals, such as hormones, are more likely to be used. As well, advanced regenerative techniques are used by some doctors such as stem cell and PRP therapies.
My approach is to use lifestyle and natural therapies first, as well as hormones, if required. There is still a role for conventional medicine and I definitely rely on my prescription pad for appropriate use of pharmaceutical agents.
Some of the most common conditions that I see and treat are:
- Digestive problems such as IBS, Inflammatory Bowel Disease and Celiac Disease
- Chronic fatigue
- Chronic pain conditions such as Fibromyalgia
- Other issues that commonly occur together like Diabetes, Hypertension and Heart Disease
- Mental health conditions such as Depression and Anxiety
- Hormonal issues such as Perimenopause, Menopause and Andropause
- Thyroid conditions
- Optimizing physical and mental performance
My philosophy is based on the following:
- You takes an active role in your health creation
- All diseases begin in the gut
- Focus is on mind, body, and spirit
- Optimal health is the goal, not just the absence of symptoms or disease
- Complex medical problems have many causes and require looking at many body systems
- A preference for natural, non-toxic therapies – harnessing the body’s ability to heal itself
- Prescription drugs are used when necessary
- Advanced testing is used that goes beyond what is routinely done in order to uncover the cause of illness